Hello Fellow Dems!
What a week, what a world, what a state.
Thanks to our power mad legislature, Kentucky has moved from near the top of having COVID-19 under control to the bottom and our hospitals are filled to overflowing, younger and younger people are sickening and dying. With their passing their antimasking emergency legislation allowing individual school districts to decide to mask or not; school board meetings are now all but guaranteed to be angry shouting matches.
As Democrats, we need to be getting more engaged in how our county is run. To this end, we should be going to meetings, writing letters and sending e-mails. Anytime you see or hear something that can impact our county, be sure to let your Executive Committee know about it (e-mail, text, etc.)
Here is a list of the county and city meetings and when they are held:
- Fiscal Court: first and third Tuesdays at 6:30 PM. Right now the first is in person at the courthouse and the third is via zoom. Debby gets the notices and can forward the agenda
- Election Board: second Thursday of the month at 9:00 AM in the basement of the Clerk’s Office. Again, let Debby know if you want the agenda.
- City meetings:
- Corinth, second Monday at 7 PM at the City Building on Thomas Lane; some are virtual
- Crittenden, second and fourth Tuesday at 7:00 PM at 117 South Main Street
- Dry Ridge, third Monday at 6 PM in the Council Chambers at 31 Broadway
- Williamstown, first Monday at 6:00 PM at the City Building, 400 Main Street
- School Board meetings: Grant County: second Thursday at 6:15 p.m. at the Grant BOE Office, 820 Arnie Risen Boulevard, in Williamstown
- Special-called meetings held on the first Thursday as needed
- Williamstown: second Tuesday at 6:00 PM at the District Office at 300 Helton Street, Williamstown
- Special-called meetings as announced
There are more meetings, but these are the ones we need to be following right now. We’ll add the meetings as we know them. If you know of meetings we should be attending, let us know and we’ll add to the list.
Important: when attending a meeting, BE SURE to follow CDC COVID-19 guidelines–we don’t want to become a statistic.
We have another candidate signaling they are going to enter the campaign arena. Debby Lucas Angel has filed initial paperwork to run for Representative in House District 61. As we move through the campaign season, we will add contact info for all Democratic candidates. As a part of the Democratic Party, we cannot endorse or assist one Dem over another during the Primary Season–each gets the same support. However, once the Primary is over and we have a duly elected candidate; we can go all in for that one.
Thanks for all you guys do and together, we can do this!